Mobile devices and apps put productivity tools into the hands of your field staff. However, the mobile benefits gained on the job site too often stop right there – in the field. But that’s not the case with the new Sage Mobile Projects. In this article, we’ll explain why.
Communication Between the Field and Office
Featuring a tight integration with Sage 300 Construction and Real Estate (Sage 300 CRE), Sage Mobile Projects is synchronized with data and transactions in the back office. That means everyone in the company is working with the same information and there’s no delay in communication between workers in the field and staff back at the office.
Everything works through Sage Construction Central, a new, secure web hub that connects Sage Mobile Projects with Sage 300 Construction and Real Estate. Plus, Sage Construction Central is mobile-responsive, so you can access it using any device and operating system.
Documenting the Details
Introduced with the release of Sage 300 CRE Version 17.1 earlier in 2017, Sage Mobile Projects streamlines field reporting tasks, making it easier for your superintendents to thoroughly log activity and issues as they happen including:
- Attach photos, with descriptions, to specific observations as well as full field reports. Store field reports and photos in a central location for easy access and backup.
- Pull from a list of employees or subcontractors to log who is on the job that day or default a crew from the previous day.
- View a list of your company’s equipment to quickly select what is currently onsite.
- Log and then send production units in place and percentage complete directly into Sage 300 CRE for job cost and labor productivity tracking.
- Document materials received, including time of receipt, supplier, purchase order, quantity, and unit of measure.
- Enter employee time for automatic transfer to Sage 300 CRE payroll.
Managing RFIs in the Field
Sage Mobile Projects helps you log and send requests for information (RFIs) the moment you run across an issue. Whether it’s project document inconsistencies, unforeseen site conditions, or other conflicts, you can get on top of concerns on the spot with features that include:
- Easily create a new RFI with shortcuts, such as pulling in recipient name and email electronically from the Sage 300 Construction address book.
- Set a priority level and required response date for each RFI to assure your most urgent requests are answered quickly.
- Attach documents in question, photos, and other relevant items.
- Keep tabs on which RFIs have been answered and which need further follow-up or escalation.
- Store and track responses to each RFI for solid documentation of instructions given and decisions made on the project.
- Track cost and schedule impact by RFI.
Sage Mobile Projects is now available for Sage 300 Construction and Real Estate. Click below to get in touch if you’d like more information or a personalized demo to see how it might work for your construction company and projects.